That took longer than expected. I am referring to the design of a XYZ table of course.

I have created, evaluated, optimised and rejected a lot of possible designs. The big problem is of course complexity (simplicity) of the build, the necessary accuracy of the build process and of course the resulting price.

Several designs were rejected because ultimately there was at least one piece of it that could not be procured or created with sufficient accuracy.

In the end I have settled for a design around the aluminium profile 2020/2040 & 4040/4080. You have probably seen this stuff before, it looks as follows:


While I did make a few drawings, these do not show much in the way of construction, hence there is not much to show just yet. It will be simpler to build the thing and then make pictures.

So, until then…