Spend most of the afternoon studying the plans. Trying to draw up a parts list and generally finding things out about the construction.
A few things stand out right now:
- The construction is rather simple, and I have the distinct impression that it does not take ‘scale’ very seriously. But it will be recognisable as a CL-415, thus I am not complaining.
- It does not have a rudder. While that is not necessary, I am thinking I will add one.
- It does not have flaps either. But it seems to me that flaps would really come in handy when making a ‘more natural’ touchdown in water.
- There seems to be some rigging for a water drop container?. If not for that, then I really do not have a clue what the parts 39 and 40 are for.
- The nacelles are detachable. Nice, but not really necessary(?). A removable top half for maintenance would be nice though. And that seems to be possible with little effort.
- The construction is rather robust, so there is room for optimisation concerning weight. Don’t know if I will do so though.
- There is lots of room in the vertical stabiliser for servo’s. I could swap some weight savings in the tail for a more direct control of the elevator and rudder.